Sunday, March 1, 2009



START YOUR ENGINES!!! Pinewood derby, what a great race. Todd and I were a little nervous since last year he won the whole thing and it is hard to prepare him just in case he didn't win. For weeks we prepared him on Good Sportsmanship. When it all came down to it, that sweet boy taught me more than I could ever teach him. It was definately my shinny moment as a parent. Breyson got 3rd place. He was so excited. As the event ended, one of the boys and his mother came up to me and he said, "I didn't race my car, not one time!" Are you kidding me. Two hours later and no one realized this little boy hadn't raced. It bugged me to say the least. Todd and I felt so bad for him. Everyone was leaving. I grabbed as many boys as I could and asked them to race their cars with this boy. He started to smile. Breyson came up to me and I told him the situation. I asked him if he could give him his trophy and I explained that it was up to him. I knew I was asking him something that would be really hard for him to do. He didn't ask any questions but turned around walked up to that boy, placed his arm around him and said, "here, you can have my trophy" and he said, "no, I can't", and Breyson said, "yes you can because you didn't get to race", and he said, " okay, thank-you". It was definately a parents proud moment. I told Breyson I would make him another trophy. On the way home he asked if I could make it a gold one. Well, let me tell you, I did make it a gold one because in my eyes his sweet child-like attitude deserved a gold trophy. Life is sweet especially when you see it in the eyes of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment